Ahhh Easter weekend, a weekend of complete dichotomy between me and my life for the past three months. I planned to go to Vancouver, spend a night with a good friend and physics student at UBC and then pop over to Victoria for Easter dinner and to check out my dads new home (complete with a questionable 29 year old accessory)...my plans changed.
Headed to my families lake house in Nelson, which is one of my favorite places in the world, and is home to some of my FAVORITE friends...if that is ok to say haha. A holiday weekend in Nelson is always a vector for a few fabulous stories...
THURSDAY - "Your love is my drug..."
I arrived Thursday night after an awful six hour drive alone with nothing to listen to in my car but an old jazz CD (terrible forthought acknowledged). Finally pulled into town and immediartely got a text from my cousin who had already been drinking in town with everyone else who was back for the weekend. Barely had enough time to throw on my party pants before proceeded to endulged in WAY to many celebratory drinks, which lead to the time of my life. There were a few girls there whom I remembered from those lovely texts to my former boyfriend...but I wasnt bothered, they were jacked up on cocaine and made me look like a million bucks (that could have also been due to the fabulous push-up bra I was wearing..but no matter..). The evening didnt end at 2am, the afterparty followed as smoothly as the limes followed the tequila that evening...my X decides to show up (yes he was back in Nelson...did I know..yes..was it part of my grand scheme...yea Ill admit it...he was factored in) anyways...he was pissed to see me with all "his" friends. (whom lost all respect for him, and not because I said anything but because word trickled to my cousin...who expresses his anger pretty thoroughly) The 'ex' felt uncomfortable and left...only to call me an hour later and tell me how pathetic I was for coming to Nelson and 'stealing' his friends...HAHA.
Went to bed at five, dreaming of Girltalk danceparties.
FRIDAY - "Friday Night Bitch Fight..."
...woke up for a hike at nine, then shopped, hot tubbed, and read....the things I love about Nelson.
Round two of drinking, only this time everyone was in town and it was a pre-planned shitshow of an evening.
I dressed accordingly. I wore a white and navy striped scoop-back dress from HandM, with navy tights and my brown knee-high riding boots, and an oversize envelope clutch. Wore my Thomas Sabo chain and lots of chunky bracelets. My girlfriend wore a linen kimono style tunic, fabulous rose print black tights from anthropologie, MK flats, and the BEST necklaces..not to mention her amazing Marc Jacobs winter coat...her wardrobe is one I am most envious of! Another girlfriend wore a scoop neck floral print top and the most fabulous high-waisted jeans...she looked AMAZING!
I had gone for coffee with a good guy-friend earlier that day and he had planned to have a pre-party at his place but he informed me the X-factor would be there...so I told him to invite all the guys up to our place once they were done and we will have a pre-bar dance party (somehow the X-factor found out I was at coffee and got mad at my little Mike for hanging out with me, it was rather comical) also important to note was that my friend Mike told me all the awful things the X had done while we were together...they equated to approximately six different girls and god knows what or who else. I was not pleased. But I filled my mind with more important things, like coffee and cupcakes.
Either way, the girls and I had a great time drinking a few bottles of wine and taking vodka shots just like we were back in high school again. The boys came up, and we made a dance party out of it. The X-factor was there, but I looked good, and I was not even the slightest bit worried about him. We all headed to the bar to continue our dance party, and I have NEVER had more fun..well until the next night but thats beside the point. The X-factor was spotted leaving the bar hand in hand with a girl who is my age (21) and has a child...and she is also the girl whom he was texting the night we broke up...it didnt phase me, I was loving life, and he was the one who looked silly. Well, and his 'gf' got in a girlfight at the bar and was kicked out....classy right?? She was also wearing a school girl kilt...fake ratty crochet UGG's and a haircut that looked like what I used to do to my Barbie's...ahhhh I loved my life, I typically have an incredibly jealous side, but this, this made it SO easy to forget about him. The dance party continued and it was another five am bedtime for this gal.
SATURDAY - "...blah blah blah."
Oh this day was so fun. We were all a little haggard from night 2 of our easter weekend bender so the day was full of several 'fill-me-in' coffees, since everyone was dying to hear what I had to say about this girlfight and whom my X had 'replaced' me with. Not my favorite activity but who doesnt like to hear the rain of compliments that accompony something like that. That filled most of my day, I read again, hot tubbed, and the girls and I met for our ritual HABIT's shop.
HABIT's being Nelson's only boutique of note, and I can safely say that I have shopped in most of the major cities in the world and this shop is my favorite for one of a kind pieces and perfect brand name styles. Ali bought some fabulous boyfriend jeans, My's bought a floral tunic...and I, being the responsible one, only bought a lavender InStyle camisole...although I think I will buy a few MinkPink pieces and a couple pairs of jeans the next time Im in town. And the Mat and Nat leather satchels were looking pretty yummy as well.
After the shop we took the late-afternoon to ourselves, I had a hike and a tea on the patio...embracing the last few hours of sanity before it was back to mad consumption. Ali and I met for dinner at Fusion Tapa's Bar...
Duck Confit Salad and Indian Masala Poutine paired with some crisp white wine... it was like we were back in the summer of 2007. We were not calling it a night there, we met a bunch of girls for Cesar's at a pub downtown and it turns out everyone in town had the same idea...our table was quickly swormed with old friends...mostly guys, which was perfect for when the X-factor decided to join the party. He, of course, sat down with us and tried to swing my girls with his lies about being so intellectual...oh how pathetic. I love my Nelson girls though, wouldnt give him the time of day, it was fabulous to watch. So we are a few drinks deep and in rolls my cousin, who has some very deep pockets and a party ethic that could never be matched....on came the shooters...one tequila, two tequila, ...., I cant even count tequila. It turned into another memorable dance party. But as we are all headed to the final bar, where we had all had our dance party the previous night...we look outside to see another brawl is happening...another girlfight...and who was in it...the X-factors new GF...HAHA. But wait, she's not fighting another girl?? She is throwing punches at a police officer....at two police officers...OH WAIT...now she's being arrested in front of the bar by these police officers. How incredible it was to hear the slander about how disgusting this woman is...and how could someone possibly find her attractive.
...And theres poor little X-factor, texting me, and with no reply. He looked like a real winner that night. And although its sad that this woman is a mother, it felt good to look so good while he felt like such an idiot, and to top it all off, he is texting me how good I look, HA, do you really believe I want you. FAT CHANCE.
Ohhh...I forgot to describe our outfits. Ali was wearing her new boyfriend fit jeans, my bustier camisole, and my cream and navy sweater with her gorgeous gold lockets and new Longchamp bag. I was wearing my dark Jeggings, black Coach boots, a white camisole, and Ali's Wilfred peach cropped shirt. Which I will be buying next time I am in Vancouver. Bottom line, I felt stunning, which is something I havnt had in a while. We danced the night away, no drama, no anything but good times, good friends, and good music. An early 3am night it was followed by a few hours of solo stargazing.
EASTER SUNDAY - "Butterscotch"
Easter Sunday was spent hiking out the bad, and playing a little catch-up with school by the fire, we had an amazing Easter family dinner and I finished the evening watching A Nun's Story starring Miss Audrey Hepburn. A quaint evening for an exhausted little science student.
EASTER MONDAY - "Tik-tok"
Woke up to my morning coffee and a plethora of text messages from the X-factor asking if I was in town still, and asking why I was ignoring him. I decided it was best to keep to myself since I had already won the battle the moment his 'gf' decided to fight police officers. I mean Im no Jessica Alba but that was just freaking amazing. I began my drive, the texts continued...but so did I, back to my little University with a victory under my belt. It isn't the nicest feeling to have been replaced so quickly, even if she isnt the greatest catch, but knowing my X was willingly with a girl like that made me feel so much better about myself...It was a glorius weekend.
So although my easter bender has filled my consumption quota for the next few months, I would like to psuedo-cheers my friends, and all the fabulous things they said to me to make me feel a thousand times better about my questionable past three months. And to the girl who single-handedly made me look like Beyonce by looking so disgusting - I salute you, but even you should know that fighting cops isnt going to get you very far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment